Indice del forum Il Giocoliere Forum
Community del Giocoliere

CalendarioCalendario    FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista utentiLista utenti   GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Re dei Sepolcri...Maggio 2010?

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> WARHAMMER FANTASY
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
Alfogro
Amministratore
Amministratore

MessaggioInviato: Mar Dic 29, 2009 6:15 pm    Oggetto: Re dei Sepolcri...Maggio 2010? Rispondi citando

Hi lads… and ladys of course Wink

I am not entirely new to this forum as I’f been a silent reader for month but now I got some interesting info from a guy working at GW headquarters so I created an account to tell you.

New Tomb Kings will be out in May 2010. So they will be the last armybook before 8th edition.

I will list up the information he gave me in the following, text in italic are my personal comments on it. Where I write nothing about a unit, it means that either the unit stays as it is or my source had no information about any changes. “Will stay the same” means that the rule or unit would stay unchanged.
Edit: My source didn't know anything about any new units but as he isn't a game designer himself that doesn't mean that there will be none. Personally I am quite shure that there will be at least new miniatures for the skeletons but that is just gessing, I have not heard anything about it.

Undead rule:
- Will stay the same in principle but you may take a stand&shoot reaction now.
That one was expected since the banshee may stand&shoot as well.

Magic:
- Will also stay the same with some minor changes:
-- Incantation of summoning reanimates D6 / 2D6 wounds
-- Tomb princes have 6” range like tomb kings
-- Tomb kings and princes have the option to generate dispel dice and energy dice (dispel spells in play only)
Pft... the adjustment in effectiveness of the incantations is ok, it should be level with the vampire one this way. Princes range is good. Dispell dice for Kings and Princes? Great, I only hope it won't be overpriced.

Undead construct rule:
- Will stay the same

“It came from below…” rule:
- Will stay the same

The curse:
- Will stay the same

Casket of souls
- Will have three different incantations to choose:
-- One incantation healing D3 wounds of all friendly units and characters on the field
-- One incantation similar to the current one
-- One incantation moving D3 units
- Will grant a ward save to it’s crew and attached priests
That sounds great!

Tomb prince:
- Magic changes, see above
- Strength 5
- If a tomb prince is the general you may take one unit of chariots as a core unit
- May be given the battle standard
Looking at the Scar Veteran S and T5 for heros was to be expected. Battle standard for the prince is great.

Battle standard bearer:
- New name (unknown to me)
- May be given the battle standard but may be used without as well
- May ride on a skeleton horse or in a chariot
- No magic
- Killing blow
- WS5, S4, T4, A3
A simple fighting hero without magic and an avarage profile. Ok, especially for friendly games with limited magic but I think the Prince will stay the better choice.

Skeleton warriors:
- Wear light armour without further costs
Decrease of one point would have been better but better than nothing.

Skeleton light horsemen:
- May be given light armour
- May be given Spears and Shields
That shoud give us some interesting taktical options.

Skeleton heavy horsemen:
- Are out!
I won't bemoan the loss of them.

Tomb Guard:
- 9(!) points/model
All right, Grave Guard cost 10 (?) points/model. And they have heavy armour and can make march movements... 9 points is ok I think.

Ushabti:
- 4+ armour save (including undead construct)
- 5+ ward save
- M6
- 55 points/model
That should make Ushabti usable. Not more but usable.

Carrions:
- S4
- Cheaper
Stronger and cheaper? Great!

Tomb scorpion:
- more expensive (about 100 points)
- 5 wounds (!)
Wow, the most extrem change I think. Scorpions with unit size 5 will be nasty!

Bone Giant:
- equipment options (similar to Warhammer chronicles)
The options have been a baublery in the past, they will stay a baublery in the future.

Screaming Skull Catapult:
- Every model touched is hit, not only on 4+.
The way it is in the Skaven book. Maybe a hint of what to come in the 8th edition rule book?

"Quando un corpo è arturiano, che ti frega?"
Profilo Invia messaggio privato Invia e-mail HomePage
Alfogro
Amministratore
Amministratore

MessaggioInviato: Mar Apr 27, 2010 10:42 am    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

Taglio e incollo direttamente dal post più aggiornato (ieri) di Warseer. Se qualcuno non capisce qualcosa in inglese mi chieda pure.

"Characters:

New rules:

Skeleton Units (Archers, Warriors, Chariots, Light Cavalry, Sand Stalkers, Tomb Guard) can march within 12” of general, 6” of Tomb Prince

Constructs, divinely blessed (Ushbati, Tomb Scorpion, Maidens of the Gods, Bone Giants) can march within 12” of the hierophant and 6” of a liche priest

Tomb Prince cannot use movement spell anymore, only strike more one

Premise seems to be basically means tomb king armies movement won’t be so restricted by magic. So if you don’t want to go magic heavy, or first anti-magic armies you can still actually move. This means more spells going off to strategically place units, heal wounded models. The actual mechanisms of TK magic doesn’t seem to be changing much

Apparently the “curse” will hit lighter with tomb princes

Apparently the “roc” is a giant vulture, which can be chosen as a mount for someone in list

Rumours of some sort of warrior priest, like the empire ones – can cast cheap bound spells from a different list. Meant to enhance units + decent profile. Apparently enhances the maidens unit

Core

Skeleton Warriors

Skeletons becoming 6 points WITH light armour, shield, hand weapon

Can be armed with a Khepesh or spear

Khepesh increases the bonus from wielding a hand weapon and shield to +2 Armour save. Basically skeletons using hand weapons and shield can get 3+ armour save in combat

Full Command now only +15 points

Seems like games-workshop wants 1. Some tasty new things to model – although not sure why this weapon gives better armour 2. Actually promote using large blocks of skeletons. Skeletons are great since they never flee, but die so easily and suck at combat. 3+ armour save in combat is a great start for using these guys more, at much cheaper points.

Skeletons Archers

Skeleton Archers are now 0-20 units, cost 7 points, and can be giving poisoned arrows for a large points increase

Skeleton Archers have war memories ability (don’t think it is actually called this, but I’m going to call it that)

Skeleton Archers may select the “stand and shoot” reaction, even though undead can generally only select the hold reaction

Toning down use of these guys are large blocks on infantry and more at flankers, skirmish hunters. Bout time they can stand and shoot

Light Cavalry

Light Cavalry only 12 points now and have war memories ability

Light cavalry may select the “flee reaction” even though undead can generally only select the “hold reaction”. They automatically rally after making a flee reaction next turn.

This seems a bit, dunno if it makes sense, maybe it actually means something else

Haven’t heard anything definite about whats happens to heavy cavalry

Chariots

No change it seems generally – still light flanking units

Tomb Guard

Can take either great weapons OR hand weapon, shield and Khepesh
Same rules otherwise – apparently mebbe an extra bonus when the tomb king is in the unit

Maidens of the Gods

Unit of Khalida’s. 2 Attacks, poison, regenerate, 5+ ward save, 2 hand weapons
Only strength 3, toughness 4 though.

Basically mass attacking special unit vs hard hitting tomb guard unit it seems. Good against lightly armoured armies?

Ushabti

4+ Armor save, 5+ ward save, otherwise same. Would’ve liked toughness 5, seems GW wants to emphasise low toughness, light armour in the army still

Tomb Scorpion

NOT getting 5 wounds, slight points increase, seems liche priest in the scorpions body means it can always march – which is good since there doesn’t seem any rule change for the “from below”

Carrion

Same it seems – doesn’t look like the roc (giant vulture) can be added, its in the mount section it seems

Sand Stalkers

Scouting Skeletons, poisoned weapons and bows, 4+ save against shooting (mirage or something – desert sands or something I dunno), war memories (stand and shoot)

Thought carrion and scorpions did a pretty good job, I still like the concept

Rare:

Bone Giant

Cheaper, 2+ armor save (can take shield for 1+), two hand weapons or a bow

More like 200 points now – 1+ doesn’t seem like “lightly armoured” but oh well

Screaming Skull Catapults

Same

Casket of Souls

3 Abilities:

1. Old shooting attack at one unit
2. Soul Well: Elect a point in line of sight – that point causes terror till the beginning of next tomb king players go
3. Malediction of the Eternal: Unit Cannot shoot, if it fails ld test cannot move either
Still causes terror, -1 to wizards on battlefield

Obelisk of Light

3 Abilities

1. Ward of the Gods: gives 5+ ward save to a unit
2. Radiance of the Heavens: gives a unit +1 attack with magical, flaming attacks
3. Light of the Sky: Units must pass leadership test to direct magical missiles, shooting at unit

+1 to incantation rolls of the priest directing obelisk

Sphinx:

May fly, magical breath attack, 4 wounds, only strength 5, 5+ ward save, magical resistance (2), units need to pass leadership test or be unable to attack it – transfixing or something

This all clearly needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but apparently this is the general gist of how the list is going. Still haven’t heard heaps about some crucial things

1. Will heavy chariots appear
2. Magic items
3. Is the magic phase definitely going to be the same system
4. If auto-break is been changed in 8th edition, how much will it impact on an army that often relied on this to be effective.

I’m not going into what I heard about special characters but the general themes seemed to be:

1. Dude on a flying chariot
2. Assassin hunting down those who wronged the TK – swore to the gods to hunt them down – something about nagash
3. Stretta and Khalida are back
4. High Liche Priest riding giant flaming vulture from the underworld"

"Quando un corpo è arturiano, che ti frega?"
Profilo Invia messaggio privato Invia e-mail HomePage
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> WARHAMMER FANTASY
Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: